View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 AM
XSive

River Maya is awesome if it's the place I'm thinking of. If my ride is ready I'd love to join you guys. I'm right off 23 across from Sussex Motorsports. With respect to roads, Rt 565 from Sussex up into NY in either direction is great. Beaver Run road is another; great twisties but not much scenery there. Mostly farms and woods but it lets out not to far from the Chatterbox in Augusta. Decent food; nothing to go out of the way for. There's also a place I heard of called the Hawks Nest north of Port Jervis. I think I know where it's at but every time my club goes up there I'm doing something else.

With respect to 23, there's always monster traffic northbound coming down the mountain before Munsonhurst Road and all the way through Franklin to Mabie Street during the rush hours. There's also intermittent blockages at the 94 intersection. The downgrade at Munsonhurst can be a little hairy during bad weather or for an inexperienced rider. I'd say if you wanted to come up 23, reroute up Clinton, Canistear, or Germantown roads to Warwick turnpike, come back down either 94 or 565 to 23, then continue up 23 to High Point. High Point charges $7 or $10 per vehicle for entry from May to September if I remember the rates from the last time I was up there (maybe 2 years ago?).

1979 XS1100F
1985 VMX1200