Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Buy, Sell, Trade Forum > Wanted to buy - XS and XJ1100 parts and bikes.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 AM
XSive Maximus

1980 valves

Finally got a chance to start working on the MNS I bought recently. It ran when I bought it but when I attempted to crank yesterday, it would not start. Pulled the plugs and checked compression and found I have no compression on 2 & 3. I am thinking I dropped some valves cranking it. Anyone know where I can get a set of valves? I have a brand new set of 78 valves I'd trade.
Dale
Old 06-08-2013, 09:37 PM
XS-XJ Guru

I saw a set on ebay today for '80+ for cheap! I dont even own a '80house but though about buying them b/c the price is right... I didnt see any exhaust valves though

Intake:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-xs110...-/181153994567

'79 XS11 SF
Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 AM
XSive Maximus

How many miles is on the bike? How long did it sit? You might not need new valves.
"The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
XSive Maximus

Valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Dogg View Post
How many miles is on the bike? How long did it sit? You might not need new valves.
Don't know much on the history but it sat at my house only a couple of weeks . No compression on 2 and 3. I suppose they could be stuck but not very good odds that they would stick at the same time.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 PM
XSive Maximus

Check your valve clearance before you commit any dollars to it.
"The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1