Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > XS11/XJ11 Discussion

Old 05-27-2014, 06:17 AM
XSive Maximus

Bike update!

Been really busy and haven't posted on here in a while, but I've changed up my bike quite a bit and figured I'd share with everyone. Most of you have seen my on here but this is how I had it

Since that pic I have changed a few things and redid the paint. I have added mini apes, new hand grips, vintage chopper seat, and forward controls. And this is her now

I just can't leave anything alone

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg
Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Truly XSive

Very cool! I love seeing all the different mods people have done to their bikes.
I don't know if I could ride a rigid frame every day but I love the way it looks.

I could be missing it but is there anywhere on the site to browse the pictures of everyone's bikes?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:37 AM
XSive Maximus

I've seen a lot of these bikes hardtailed and while I'll say that I'm still fundamentally against it I've definately seen worse than this (that's me saying I like it ).

Not a bad job. If you have a vision, seize it. And most importantly,

Drive it like you stole it!

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"
Old 05-27-2014, 07:44 AM
XS-XJ Super Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I just can't leave anything alone
you seem to have managed to leave the garden building alone, uncompleted, whilst getting the bike done. I like your sense of priorities!
XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 AM
XS-XJ Super Guru

With handlebars that high, no front fender or fork brace, I get nervous thinking about the death wobble due going high speed into turns . . .
2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
XS-XJ Super Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
With handlebars that high, no front fender or fork brace, I get nervous thinking about the death wobble due going high speed into turns . . .
No rear shocks either... I don't think this type of bike is built for the use that a standard machine is designed for...
XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
XS-XJ Guru

Hey John, I noticed you took the front fender off. How's it handle? any different? I know you don't really push it hard into any corners or anything like that, so you probably won't notice any difference anyway.

I like the paint scheme.

No spring under that seat like the old one, bet that's hard on the butt.

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
The Green Monster
K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
Got him in '04.
bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
Scarlet
K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
Got her in '11
Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
Hugo
Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
Cold weather ride
Old 05-27-2014, 02:46 PM
XSive Maximus

Handling

Hey George, I could feel a little vibration at higher speeds but not much. I am either building my own fork brace or getting one. And James the unfinished building in the background is my new motorcycle shop I'm building myself.
As far as cornering, I have not ridden twisties yet with the new seat and handlebars, but I did with my old set up and it did awesome. The one thing that helps the ride with the way I have it set up is that I didn't mess withe the geometry of the bike, the trail and rake are the same as stock.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Last edited by Nightengale; 05-27-2014 at 02:48 PM.