Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Rallies (North America) > Northeast (and Eastern Canada)

Old 05-05-2019, 03:14 PM
XStremely XSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing7 View Post
Is it too late to sign up for the ride and a shirt(LG Short sleeve) now? Noticed the posts yesterday.

Best regards, Ron
Ron, There's no need to sign up for the ride. Just show up, we'd love to have you. As far as the shirt goes, the order went in sometime last month. Hope you can make it.
Mark
Old 05-09-2019, 05:21 AM
New

Thanks, Mark. My loss on he shirt. I really do need to start earlier in the year to keep up to date on what's going on. Hopefully see you in VT.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:30 AM
XSive Maximus

Doesn't look like we are going to make to XS East this year. Too many things going on at home. Maybe next year!
Old 05-10-2019, 02:40 PM
XSive

Better late than never!

Hi everyone! Just spoke with Earl G today and I'm going to go. Missed the last two due to work (I was the low man on the Totem pole for time off)! Ready and willing (hopefully the "able part" will all come together at some point!)

Darrell, depending on which way you are coming up (81 or 95) we could hook up and head up to Earl's in Allentown, PA (bout an 1.5 hrs north of my place) if you are coming up on I-95. We can discuss it if You want. My home # is 856-599-1518, cell 856-651-9466.

Earl and I were talking about heading up maybe as far as Albany, NY on Thurs and then the rest on Friday. Should be a sweet and eventful trip!

Please don't hold it against me guys but I may have to ride the HD this year! The Vic developed the dreaded "rear brake failure" and is a real bear to get straightened out! Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll all work out fine!

Thanks Darrell and Marty for pulling this event together!
'99 Bandit 1200S
'05 Kawi Z750S
Old 05-11-2019, 05:53 AM
XS-XJ Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbergeman View Post

If you have fun it's all on Darrell....

Glad folks are showing interest. Sally and I will miss you guys.
This IS my happy face.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:42 AM
XSive

Counting Down

Vicky and I are ready! Family stuff comes first but this is our time to get to XS east Barre VT.
Dad passed last year and dear Mom April 15, both at 94 yrs.

Looking forward to seeing all those who can make the trip and share a cold one (or 2) and some stories. Pete
Old 05-12-2019, 05:43 AM
XStremely XSive

Quote:
Hi everyone! Just spoke with Earl G today and I'm going to go. Missed the last two due to work (I was the low man on the Totem pole for time off)! Ready and willing (hopefully the "able part" will all come together at some point!)

Darrell, depending on which way you are coming up (81 or 95) we could hook up and head up to Earl's in Allentown, PA (bout an 1.5 hrs north of my place) if you are coming up on I-95. We can discuss it if You want. My home # is 856-599-1518, cell 856-651-9466.

Earl and I were talking about heading up maybe as far as Albany, NY on Thurs and then the rest on Friday. Should be a sweet and eventful trip!

Please don't hold it against me guys but I may have to ride the HD this year! The Vic developed the dreaded "rear brake failure" and is a real bear to get straightened out! Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll all work out fine!

This is great news! Maybe I can try to meet up with you in Albany.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:46 AM
XSive

Sounds good Mark! Let me talk with Earl G today and see what's cooking for an Albany NY stopover.

Haven't heard from Darrell yet on which direction he's coming up.

The channel 6 "Action News" this morning (Phila) actually said that Vermont go some snow and sleet from this big rain system heading up the east coast.

Hopefully Memorial Day weekend will be a lot better, eh?
'99 Bandit 1200S
'05 Kawi Z750S
Old 05-14-2019, 03:15 PM
XSive

Mark,
Spoke with Earl G. today. Looks like Comfort Inn, Glenmont-Albany South, 37 Route 9 West, Glenmont, NY 12077. (518)465-8811. Rooms still avail. for Mem. Day weekend (i.e May 23rd to 24th) as of today at 5pm. $86-107 2 queen non smoke.
Hope the info helps in your planning. I got the time off approved today so I'm pretty stoked! Give me or Earl a call (my # prev posted).

It's like the last hurrah for this old dog! NE rally that is. I'll be moving to FL permanently after the Southeast rally this year.
'99 Bandit 1200S
'05 Kawi Z750S
Old 05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
XStremely XSive

Quote:
Mark,
Spoke with Earl G. today. Looks like Comfort Inn, Glenmont-Albany South, 37 Route 9 West, Glenmont, NY 12077. (518)465-8811. Rooms still avail. for Mem. Day weekend (i.e May 23rd to 24th) as of today at 5pm. $86-107 2 queen non smoke.
Hope the info helps in your planning. I got the time off approved today so I'm pretty stoked! Give me or Earl a call (my # prev posted).

It's like the last hurrah for this old dog! NE rally that is. I'll be moving to FL permanently after the Southeast rally this year.
Ok thanks. I don't know if I can make it that far but if I can I'll find you.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:45 PM
XStremely XSive

When I called Hollow Last week to verify reservations, they said they had snow on the ground. Hopefully, it will warm up a tad but be prepared to ride in 50 degree weather.

Ran my bike first time today. Pumped up the tires, battery a bit week, hopefully a good ride will charge it.

T-shirts are complete. I projected some so I may be able to cover everyone. Wife will pick-up later this week.

If any of you have a Garmin or any sort of navigator, could you upload the route? At best Iíll be using Google maps or old fashioned written directions. Iíll have to do some route study. Rides are predicated on a 0900 go.

I plan to leave Thu night but exiting WashDC area may be problematic. Intent is to overnight in Harrisburg and meet up with Wings30. Thereís a Motel 6 near Harrisburg South and a little further in town, Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg. That makes the ride a manageable 8-9 hours on Fri.

Friday plan is to leave NLT 0800, go up I-81 to Scranton, Binghamton; I-88 to Albany, I-87 to Queensbury, then Rt-4 to Killington, Rt 100 to Pittsfield, Rt-107 to I-89. If Earl and rBergeman overnight in Albany, I expect weíd be 5 hours behind you. (MartyA wonít be riding with us this year so we wonít be using the Warp Drive.)

If youíre going through Albany avoid taking Rt-7 through Troy. 2 Lanes each way and plenty of red lights and cars waiting forever to make a left turn. Youíre probably better off crossing the Hudson north at Mechanicville on Rt-67. I think going south to cross at I-90 offers no direct east route. Just Rt-4 back up to Troy.

Mastan, we may be able to meet up. At least there is no Lexington on the route; we I guess there is a Lexington, NY but that is the only one.

I got a ClearVoice a couple years ago so Iíll think I finally try it out. If it works, I should have Bluetooth, phone, music and Google Maps. Weak link may be the headphones.
06FJR
Old 05-14-2019, 05:00 PM
XStremely XSive

My new Rider magazine came yesterday and they featured route 100 in Vermont. I'm going to try to pick that up as soon as possible.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 AM
XS-XJ Guru

Very nice road, goes past Mad River Glen ski resort, lots of hilly curves. Stop for a great sandwich at the Warren Store warrenstore.com

Enjoy.

So while you guys are enjoying yourselves at another XSEast on Memorial Weekend, we will be moving kit and caboodle down south to NC to start our next adventure.

i will always think of y'all on that weekend. Ride safe

Randy Rago
Old 05-18-2019, 07:12 PM
XS-XJ Guru

With regret . . .

Linda and I will not be able to make this years rally

Thank You Darrell for the invite and the work you've done to get this together.

I hope you all have a great time and a few XS's show up

Keep your wheels on the ground and your feet on the pegs !!!
1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:30 AM
XStremely XSive

Schming, we will miss you.
06FJR