XS11.com Forums

XS11.com Forums (http://www.xs11.com/forum/index.php)
-   XS11/XJ11 Discussion (http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fuel Carb "T"'s...CAN'T FIND THEM?!!!! (http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21761)

mbazzle 04-09-2009 10:43 AM

Awesome!!! Thank you sooooo much!! I too hope they will work. I'll compare them with the one's I have, and if they are not the rights ones, I will most definately send them back. Again, Thank You!
Mike

dbeardslee 04-09-2009 01:13 PM

They're in the mail.

mbazzle 04-09-2009 02:58 PM

Thanks!

Thanks dbeardslee!!!

QRFan, you said you also had some...is that correct??? It sounds like I still may be in need of two more.?.???

skids 04-09-2009 07:49 PM

orings need to be petroleum proof. Neoprene is not the stuff. Nitryl-butyl rubber, (aka "nitryl rubber") is the oring material that you need, but I suspect they are almost all made of that now.

mbazzle 04-15-2009 09:13 AM

Thanks Doug for the T's! I received them on Monday. They look to be alittle longer than I remember mine being. It's been a few months since I had the carb off the bike. I should be able to tear into it in about 2 weeks. Schedule looks extremely busy right now. :mad: I'll let you know as soon as I get mine out if they work or not! If they are not the right size...I'll send them back!

Thanks again to everyone who commented on this thread, you've all been a huge help~! :D
Mike

mbazzle 04-16-2009 08:46 PM

Bummer Dude.

Doug, I had a chance to get the carb off tonight, and the T's that you sent me are too big. :( The T's you sent me are approx. 1 1/2" across the top of the T, and 1 5/16" from top to bottom.

My T's (all four of them) are only 1" across the top of the T, and 1 1/16" from top to bottom.

Two of mine are in "decent" shape...good enough for the top "vent" T's, so I still just need to find two for the fuel lines.

QRFan, do you have the size T's I need??

Doug, please send me your address, and I'll get yours sent back to you. Thanks again for trying!!!!

Mike
<><

dbeardslee 04-16-2009 09:32 PM

Mike - Never hurts to try. It may be a few days before you hear from QRfan. She's mentioned in the SWOXS social group that she was going to Seattle, and wouldn't be back 'till monday - just so you know.

I'll PM you my address.

red bandit 04-17-2009 07:01 AM

mbazzle, I'm about 15 miles away, hwy 57 & 66. Let me know if you need some help.

SFerinTEXAS 04-17-2009 08:49 AM

I have a set of 78 carbs apart and the T s are 1 & 1/2 across at the carb ports.

SFerinTEXAS 04-17-2009 08:51 AM

I am sure they are for the fuel because they still have a hose and inline filter hooked to them.

mbazzle 04-20-2009 03:27 PM

SFerinTX, are you in need of those T's, or are you willing to part with them?! ??? ;)

Also, Red Bandit, I might just take you up on that!!!! I need help setting the float heights. Is that something you know how to do?

Mike

red bandit 04-20-2009 05:42 PM

mbazzle, I've done many of these carbs. I can help you with the float height and I have gauges to help you sync/tune them too.

SFerinTEXAS 04-20-2009 09:53 PM

Sorry , thats a back burner project I intend to finish on a 78e I picked up a while back. What about the ones you got from doug ? I will probably have to improvise a little myself when the time comes cause the ones I have are in pretty bad shape.Not gonna worry about it till I need to. Good Luck to you.

mbazzle 04-21-2009 06:45 PM

Doug, I dropped your T's in the mail today so you should have them back by the weekend. Thanks again.

SF~ Thanks for the info anyway! Good luck with rebuilding yours!

Red Bandit, YOU ROCK!!! I leave for Wash. DC tomorrow, but I'll be in touch with you soon! I'd LOVE to get this ol girl on the road! I've already put so much into it, I can't bare the thought of giving up now! Thanks again for your offer to help, Lord knows I need it!

dbeardslee 04-23-2009 07:25 PM

Mike - Got 'em in the mail today. Thanks for sending them back. I was trying to determine from this thread - did you find the right tees or are you still looking?