View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 09:04 AM
XSive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
"cleaning carbs"..........can mean ALOT of things. If you haven't removed EVERY removable piece in carbs and throughly cleaned, they are NOT clean yet.
I can assure you I've removed every possible piece I may end up bringing it to a shop to have it cleaned ultrasonically if this doesn't work.

Quote:
Your bike has two fuel lines/two vacuum lines. Vacuum line gos from #2carb boot brass nipple to front of left petcock. Other vacuum line goes from #3carb boot's brass nipple to front of right side petcock.
Fuel lines(if replacing) need to be each long enough to criss-cross....left petcock to right fuel tee/right petcock to left fuel tee.
A larger precurved hose goes from front upper portion of airbox to breather opening top of crank case.
That's it......easy-peasy.
This is exactly what I needed Thanks! Since I'm having the these issues with rust and such would it make sense to have an inline fuel filter. Or is that something I should only add once I get it running steady?

Quote:
Your petcock issue doesn't necessarily require a "kit". Largest percentage of time, removal from tank, disassembly, cleaning pieces and polishing face of rotating lever works fine. Clean all sealing surfaces, and re-assemble................BEFORE you go buying any re-build kits(which CAN be 'iffy' anyways).
I did take them apart before I set up the electrolysis and cleaned out some junk but I'll make sure to do it again and double check for tears before I hook the tank back up. worst case scenario I could just keep them on RES since that doesn't seem to leak as much as in the on position