Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Rallies (North America) > Northeast (and Eastern Canada)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
XSers near me, Ottawa

I was just curious, so I put up a list of XSers near Ottawa.
Some haven't posted in a while.

Blank Slate (Ottawa airport)
79XS11F (Nepean, ON)
AndrewXS11 (Ottawa deep south)
1887 (Ottawa south)
xsilerating Kanata, Ontario
Blue Giant Carleton Place, Ontario
Axel Renfrew, Ontario
Mack (Frankford, btwn Toronto and Ottawa)
Slow Mo Guelph Ontario
newbee Whitby ON
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2015, 08:04 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
I was just curious, so I put up a list of XSers near Ottawa.
Some haven't posted in a while.

Blank Slate (Ottawa airport)
79XS11F (Nepean, ON)
AndrewXS11 (Ottawa deep south)
1887 (Ottawa south)
xsilerating Kanata, Ontario
Blue Giant Carleton Place, Ontario
Axel Renfrew, Ontario
Mack (Frankford, btwn Toronto and Ottawa)
Slow Mo Guelph Ontario
newbee Whitby ON
Hi Blank Slate,
Sadly we lost Newbee last year. Last I heard Slow Mo has sold his bike, after building a shed for it to live in. And Guelph is near me but a long way from Ottawa Blue Giant has recently surfaced after a long absence.
ELDR is based somewhere around Ottawa. If they have not posted fora long time then they probably have lost interest in XS11.com.
Raising kids, Caring for parents and Earning a living frequently get in the way of having fun and playing with motorcycles.

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Last edited by MaximPhil; 09-22-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Thanks for the info Phil.
Now it's time to guage interest in an ultrasonic cleaner group buy!
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331625491640?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I've nego'd it down to $800, free shipping, for a used 20L Branson. Cleans everything, come on guys!
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb

Last edited by Blank Slate; 09-23-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2015, 06:52 PM
blue giant's Avatar
blue giant blue giant is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 880
Hi,

I know mack, Elder and 79xs11e have their own ultrasonic cleaner. My bike was restored/revived 6years ago so I'm not in need of one. The bike my son and i are tinkering with were just fitted with a set of carbs from mack.

How's your bike coming along?

Paul.
__________________
Paul
1983 XJ1100 Maxim
1979 XS1100 Standard
1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Hey Blue,

Here's the latest pics of bike... I had a list of shopping to do for it which is almost complete. Just need a seat and I'm done.



__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:20 AM
79XS11F's Avatar
79XS11F 79XS11F is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont. Canada
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue giant View Post
Hi,

I know mack, Elder and 79xs11e have their own ultrasonic cleaner. My bike was restored/revived 6years ago so I'm not in need of one. The bike my son and i are tinkering with were just fitted with a set of carbs from mack.

How's your bike coming along?

Paul.
That's correct, I have my own unit. It's just big enough for a carb body which is all I really use it for.
Rob
__________________
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
1978 XS500E
1979 XS1100F Restored
1980 XS1100 SG
1981 Suzuki GS1100
1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
1983 Honda CB900 Custom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79XS11F View Post
That's correct, I have my own unit. It's just big enough for a carb body which is all I really use it for.
Rob
Can I borrow it?














Kidding
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:24 PM
1887's Avatar
1887 1887 is offline
XSive
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 91
Hey all you Ottawa folks. My XS is running fine but I have some projects planned for the winter. I sure would be interested in meeting some fellow XS owners. Thanks
__________________
1980 G
Jardine Spaghetti

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Ug...ish/slideshow/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
I'm planning to see Mack on Thursday to put the bike back together. Exciting times
If I'm back Friday night, we can have a bbq at my place on Saturday. Riverside/Hunt Club.
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Thumbs up

Bringing the bike back from its extended hospital stay on Thursday. Mack will be in Ottawa Friday, how about we meet this weekend?

yea yea yea
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 PM
mack mack is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,411
XSr's

There is one more rider I know of in Kanata I believe. His name is Ernie Millward. He has a 1980 SG in very good shape. He met up with the rally at lunch time on the saturday and sunday rides in 2014. I told him to join channel 11 but I haven't seen him post anything or if he has I'm not sure what his handle is. Great guy. If you look him up and talk to him, tell him I said hi !
__________________
mack
79 XS 1100 SF Special
HERMES
original owner
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
SPICA
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
IOTA
https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA



Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
Frankford, Ont, Canada
613-398-6186
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
There is one more rider I know of in Kanata I believe. His name is Ernie Millward. He has a 1980 SG in very good shape. He met up with the rally at lunch time on the saturday and sunday rides in 2014. I told him to join channel 11 but I haven't seen him post anything or if he has I'm not sure what his handle is. Great guy. If you look him up and talk to him, tell him I said hi !
He sent me pm to say hello today. ELDR is his handle.
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate Blank Slate is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Thanks for the info Phil.
Now it's time to guage interest in an ultrasonic cleaner group buy!
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331625491640?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I've nego'd it down to $800, free shipping, for a used 20L Branson. Cleans everything, come on guys!
Well I bought my own ultrasonic cleaner. If you guys needs carbs cleaned come see me.


http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111833240921?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
__________________
Frame: 79 XS1100S
Engine: 81 XS1100S
Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2022, jvbPlugin