Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > XS11/XJ11 Discussion

Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 AM
XSive Maximus

Forward footpegs

Don't know what else to call them. My legs are just a bit too long for the Yamaha clamp on footpegs that I have on the side of the 3 point engine guards. What would be best for me would be to have a clamp on the middle & more forward brace pipe, rather than clamped on the side & sticking out like wings.

What would be even better would be to have another 2"-3" forward extension to move the foot pegs 5"-7" forward of where they are now. Anything like this anyone had a link to? What I have now are the chrome yamaha footpegs, pretty cheap looking but they work.

Thanks,

Gary
82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Master of XSology

Could look for one of the hoop style crash guards that mount on the front of the frame and put the highway pegs on that.

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
K&N Filter
#45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
OEM Exhaust
ATK Fork Brace
LED Dash lights
Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
SS Brake Lines
Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 AM
XStremely XSive

Some bikes I've seen have a pipe with u-bolts through it that attaches to the front
Down tubes of the frame in front of the motor. Then you cup the ends off to the desired
Width and mount the flip down highway pegs.

Look on twisted throttle for intresting ideas.

Good luck
1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Master of XSology

I had a visit with Brent recently. He is very good at finding stuff to suit his purpose and make it work. He has a bike with XJ handlebars mounted to the front of the frame. Instead of grips, he has pegs mounted on them.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM
XSive Maximus

@ Nate - I have a set of those as well and I can attach pegs to them as well as the 3-point but the pegs are not going to be farther forward and I'd like to get them more forward. Had many leg operations 40 years ago and it's more comfortable for me to have my leg extended further out. (It's one of the very few issues I have with the Maxim-X, the pegs aren't as far away as I'd like).

@ Mindwebs - I'll check out that site, hadn't heard of it before.

@ Marty - I'm curious what the handlebars were attached to, that's a clever idea.

And thanks for the replies!

Gary
82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Master of XSology

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1J View Post
@ Nate - I have a set of those as well and I can attach pegs to them as well as the 3-point but the pegs are not going to be farther forward and I'd like to get them more forward. Had many leg operations 40 years ago and it's more comfortable for me to have my leg extended further out. (It's one of the very few issues I have with the Maxim-X, the pegs aren't as far away as I'd like).
I am not talking about the 2 point crash guards, I am talking about the single large hoop that sits out front. The hoop sits out in front of the front frame down tubes. That sits several inches farther forward of the engine mount crash guards.

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
K&N Filter
#45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
OEM Exhaust
ATK Fork Brace
LED Dash lights
Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
SS Brake Lines
Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Master of XSology

XJ bars w/ foot rests

Quote:
@ Marty - I'm curious what the handlebars were attached to, that's a clever idea.
Brent has them mounted on a small Honda. I think he extended the bolt through the fwd eng mount. Perhaps he'll respond to a PM the next time he gets off his bike.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 AM
XS-XJ Super Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmechmarty View Post
Brent has them mounted on a small Honda. I think he extended the bolt through the fwd eng mount. Perhaps he'll respond to a PM the next time he gets off his bike.

Phil